Sunday, November 25, 2018

Week 13 Blog

After a learning curve that was based in the new Learning Management System (LMS), I have pretty much completed my course.  I did enjoy the challenge of having to learn a new LMS and how to work inside that system.  I have allowed me to really use an LMS to create a course and see the positives and negatives of having that type of structure to use.  It has really made some tasks that I struggle with extremely easy, like online discussions, and made some more difficult, like giving students some freedom in how they complete assignments.  This can still be done but takes some more planning than the less structured digital assignment platform, Google Classroom.  In a blended learning environment, a true LMS might be a bit much for the teachers that I serve.  In a totally online environment, it works well.  The course that I am designing, it a totally online course that uses the LMS in a variety of different ways.  It works for that type of design really well. 

The implementation discussion will start next semester.  I plan on presenting the course at a meeting before the winter break.  I want to try to roll this out to a select group of first-year PISD teachers this spring so they can help refine the course.  New hires start their technology orientation sometime during March.  If we are going to use the course, I would like it to be ready for the first teachers that complete their technology orientation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment