Sunday, November 4, 2018

Week 10 Blog

Designing this course has taken me more time than I expected, but doesn't every project.  I am really having to think about the way I want many of these tasks to work.  A lot of the course is turning out to be the dissemination of information and very little student interaction or creation.  I do not like that.  I am having to go back in and put a bit of a twist on the parts that are informational and try to move some of the creation tasks in between.  I am thinking of adding in some modules to break it up and give the learners some more skills in G Suite for Education.  The skills will be very basic but they could potentially help make the beginning of the year much more simple.  I am probably going to add in a Google Forms module to help with any early data gathering or quizzes the teachers might want to create. 

I will be able to meet my deadline.  I really enjoy the task of tweaking the modules to engage the learners more.  I am hoping that my tinkering does not take me down too many more rabbit holes and I can really make some decisions to complete the modules.  It seems that as soon as I sit down with an idea, something comes up that takes me down a design decision hole.

I have been talking about this course to some of my superiors at my district.  They are open to the idea of trying it out with some sample teachers to see if they think it would be useful.  If so, it might be something that we roll out on a much larger basis.  Even if that does not happen, I am going to get some feedback from some teachers that would be willing to help me refine the course for the sake of my education.  I really look forward to hearing the feedback from people taking the course as learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment