Sunday, October 21, 2018

Week 8 Blog

Working on this project has been an interesting process.  During my work on this project, it has been really eye-opening to the design process.  It has taken a very specific pace.  I am trying to keep up with the pace set by the course but it has been difficult to keep up.  This is because of other commitments.  The regular corporate timeline for a project like this is 3 weeks.  I am guessing that is from start to completion.  I see that timeline working but at a quick pace.  I could see one week of work taking the time to get the design document right so the first part of the assignment is really set up properly.  If this document is not correct, then the course is going to be wrong from the start.  A week to really design a good course design document would really take an attention to detail and the ability to have someone there to review and edit the document to make sure all of the possibilities are set up and all of the objects are set up towards the goal of the course.

The second part of the process would be building the course.  This part would take the most time and take the most discipline.  It can take some time to gather all of the information, resources, assignments, and media.  This task could take a while if all of the things are not already in one location.  Having to go out and find all of the resources for my course can take some time.  I know what I want each module to do but I do not know where the material is located.  I am trying to use already created resources but I might have to make some.  That is the issue that I can see in hitting the 3-week deadline.  When designing a course like this, it is important to get some feedback from other so you would need to be done with building the course in time to get a review or two.  Time would also need to be there to make changes based on the feedback that you have done.

The corporate timeline is one that can be done but would really take some focus to get all of the parts done with enough time to properly create it.  But if this was your job, and you spent your work days creating, this can be done.  It would be interesting to try to keep up with that timeline and see if that was something that could be followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment